[U-Boot-Users] Can't get ide to work

Jerry Walden jerry.walden at lantronix.com
Tue Feb 3 19:15:08 CET 2004

Our board is based on the Alchemy DBAu1500

We are using a compact flash card that as an IDE drive (tied into the
IDE interface of the CPU just like the DBAu1500).

During ide_init, the ATA_STATUS byte is read, and there is a wait loop
which waits for the status to be ready.  This loop always times out.  I
am trying to debug this.  Tracing through ide_inb, and ide_outb, the
address of the interface is fine
CFG_PCMCIA_MEM_ADDR (0x20000000).  I know that there has to be some TLB
mapping between CFG_PCMCIA_MEM_ADDR (0x20000000) and AU1X_SOCK0_IO
(F00000000) - I just cannot find where this is done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks