[U-Boot-Users] Crash at the beginning of board_init_f

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 5 00:32:17 CET 2004

In message <852DAFF1FD3BD611B68000D0B76FE7740760831B at pa06exm01.e1.bcs.mot.com> you wrote:

> I am porting a u-boot to a PPC8250 board. My code runs OK inside flash. Also
> runs OK from SDRAM after the code relocation from flash to SDRAM for the
> whole section of assemble code (in_ram). But it crashs at the beginning of
> board_init_f ( The entry point of C code in SDRAM). It seems C environment
> get crashed. What may cause this type of crash?

Your SDRAM is not correctly initialized.

> Can somebody provide some clue? Thanks,

Read the mailing list archive. Read the FAQ.

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3EB6C.E8B08064
>
> PCFET0NUWVBFIEhUTUwgUFVCTElDICItLy9XM0MvL0RURCBIVE1MIDQuMCBUcmFuc2l0aW9uYWwv
> L0VOIj4NCjxIVE1MPjxIRUFEPg0KPE1FVEEgSFRUUC1FUVVJVj0iQ29udGVudC1UeXBlIiBDT05U
> RU5UPSJ0ZXh0L2h0bWw7IGNoYXJzZXQ9VVMtQVNDSUkiPg0KPFRJVExFPk1lc3NhZ2U8L1RJVExF

Please do not send base 64 encoded messages.

Please do not send HTML messages.

Please send plain text only.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Youth doesn't excuse everything.
	-- Dr. Janice Lester (in Kirk's body), "Turnabout Intruder",
	   stardate 5928.5.