[U-Boot-Users] PPC405GP and PCI parked state

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Thu Feb 5 02:22:08 CET 2004

Hi all,
I have questions on how to leave internal PCI controller of PPC405GP in a
parked state.
Our custom board currently does not use the PCI and we want it to be in a
parked state.
According to the data sheet, ppc405gp needs pull up resisters if the PCI
controller on the processor is not parked in proper state.

Our custom board is based on IBM Walnut board and I undefined CONFIG_PCI.
Would it leave it in a parked state?
What is the proper configuration to do this?
Also, would Linux override this setting if it is not properly configured as
well?

We like to avoid putting on large number of pull up resister if possible.

Thank you.

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x132
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost