[U-Boot-Users] Flashes that live in more than one place...!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 6 20:27:26 CET 2004

In message <0e2d01c3ece1$baee9320$885c96c0 at RIPSNORTERVM> you wrote:

>   I'm porting (well, 90% done now) u-boot to a new board based on an OMAP
> processor. This board happens to have a DIP switch to select whether
> you boot from flash (strata) or ram. It does this by juggling CS0 and
> CS3 for the flash. This means that at run time, if you're running from

I understand this is just a debugging aid? Or how do  you  initialize
RAM and load an U-Boot image into it if you're booting from RAM?

> This is _not_ a nice thing to do without creating a lot of changes in the
> code :-/ I've dug about in the existing code (I'm working with the 1.0.0

Can you please explain first what you're trying to do?  And  why,  or
what for?

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"He only drinks when he gets depressed." "Why does he get depressed?"
"Sometimes it's because he hasn't had a drink."
                                     - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_