[U-Boot-Users] Patch for NAND Booting on SMDK2410

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 8 21:16:51 CET 2004

Dear Markus,

in message <200401091518.14181.maillist at fsforth.de> you wrote:

> here is a patch to enable U-Boot 1.0 to boot from NAND/SmartMedia cards.
> smdk2410.h must include the line '#define CONFIG_BOOT_NAND 1" and the
> resulting u-boot.bin must be copied to the first SmartMedia sectors (with a
> JTAG tool for example). The first sector of the SmartMedia card should also
> be marked as "Defect". With J33 and J34 closed the board should then boot
> from SmartMedia.
>
> This first version is very simple as U-Boot is linear on the SmartMedia and
> don't allows a filesystem. Later version may include placing U-Boot on a
> filesystem.
>
> This patch also includes code for clearing the BSS segment. This is not the
> same code Larsen submitted this morning :-(

Can you please re-submit your patch after  syncing  against  the  CVS
tree?  I  checked  in Anders Larsens patch, which broke yours. Please
make sure to include nandboot.S in the new patch.

Thanks a lot.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Many Myths are based on truth
	-- Spock, "The Way to Eden",  stardate 5832.3