[U-Boot-Users] Some fixes on README?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 15 19:08:23 CET 2004

In message <20040215155832.40254.qmail at web15211.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I guess there are four lines in README as following
> that should be removed.

No, on contrary.

> -- post/arch		Symlink to architecture specific Power
> On Self Test
> -- post/arch-ppc		PowerPC architecture specific Power
> On Self Test
> -- post/cpu/mpc8260	MPC8260 CPU specific Power On Self
> Test
> -- post/cpu/mpc8xx	 MPC8xx CPU specific Power On Self
> Test
>
> I really cannot match them in post directory
> clearly.Am I right?

You are wrong. The README describes what should be there, i.  e.  the
intended  state  which is capable of dealing with different architec-
tures and processors. The problem is that this has not been implemen-
ted yet.

There was some discussion about this on the mailing list before,  but
I'm still waiting for any such contributions.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Save yourself!  Reboot in 5 seconds!