[U-Boot-Users] Problems with Hello_world example

Stephan Linz linz at mazet.de
Tue Feb 17 18:53:26 CET 2004

Am Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 17:51 schrieben Sie:
> Hi all,
>
> we're using u-boot in a DBPXA250 based platform. We've burnt u-boot in
> Flash memory and successed to communicate with it using hyperterminal or
> minicom. Then we've loaded hello_world.bin in 0x00040004 and typed in

Hi,

hellow_world can't run @ 0x00040004 correct -- have a look into
examples/Makefile. For ARCH=arm and that's the case for DBPXA250 based boards
there is a LOAD_ADDR=0xc100000. So the hello_world example will linked to
0xc100000 (not 0x00040004).

You should adapt LOAD_ADDR to your board specific environment or load and
start hello_world.bin to the given address.

Best Regards,
Stephan Linz