[U-Boot-Users] ELDK 2.1.0 Install

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 18 22:41:21 CET 2004

In message <5.2.1.1.0.20040217180029.0255c570 at mail.magma.ca> you wrote:

> Installing ELDK 2.1.0 and I get no error message but nothing is installed
> except the initial "bin, usr and a very bare var" in the install directory
> (/opt/eldk). NOTE that this is for ARM processors.

This is  known problem. See the FAQ at
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKInstallationAborts

Note that the description is for PowerPC; for ARM you  will  need  to
tweak the package lists.

> So, has anyone done an install of ELDK 2.1.0 on a Fedora host? I will need
> to install ELDK for PPC targets as well and the problem MAY be the same
> there, but for now the ARM version is very broken (in the rpm tool
> specifically).

Blame it on the glibc guys who  cannot  provide  a  library  that  is
either  backward  compatible or capable of building a real statically
linked image.

For PowerPC you can use ELDK Release 3.0 which should show up on  the
FTP server in a day or two from now.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you are  in
the bathroom.