[U-Boot-Users] ELDK 2.1.0 Install

Herb Radford herbr at magma.ca
Wed Feb 18 00:15:19 CET 2004

I've just setup a new P4 2600 system at work for my workstation.
I have also just done a complete install of "Fedora" on it. Tons of good
stuff (and I'm one who likes a leaner faster install) but this becomes
productive very quickly!

Now the problem:
Installing ELDK 2.1.0 and I get no error message but nothing is installed
except the initial "bin, usr and a very bare var" in the install directory
(/opt/eldk). NOTE that this is for ARM processors.

Now my thing is porting u-boot and the kernel to our target boards, I've
done that for an MPC860 board, an MPC866 board and now this attempt is for
an arm-based board (PXA255 to be precise). I got our resident guru and had
him take a look at what was happening and with a couple of installs using
strace with a couple of parameters to generate an output file and I'm not
sure what else he came to the conclusion that the rpm in the install was
giving us grief.
After numerous attempts using the rpm on the host machine he got some stuff
in place but this is NOT the way to get it all installed in any reasonable
time frame.

So, has anyone done an install of ELDK 2.1.0 on a Fedora host? I will need
to install ELDK for PPC targets as well and the problem MAY be the same
there, but for now the ARM version is very broken (in the rpm tool
specifically).

I'd appreciate any input!

Regards, Herb