[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot and S3c2410

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 23 17:05:23 CET 2004

In message <20040223152655.1C51E42F39 at denx.de> you wrote:
> So what is the difference between the load and entry addresses? All

The load address is where the kernel gets loaded into  RAM  when  you
run the "bootm" command, and the entry point address is the address -
um - of the entrypoint, i. e. the first exacutable instruction.

> of the examples I've seen have the load and entry addresses set to be
> the same...ish. 0x00000000 & 0x0000000c for PPC

Wong. Both are 0x000 on PowerPC by default.

> In my case my SDRAM starts at 0x30000000 and ends at 0x33FFFFFF. My
> Flash and hence U-Boot is at 0x00.

> Does the load and entry address vary depending on whether you are using vmlinux/vmlinux compressed/zImage?

It depends on what your Linux kernel's linker script  does.  I  don;t
know  your  kernel  source  tree,  so I have no idea which values are
correct for you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
FORTRAN? The syntactically incorrect statement "DO 10 I = 1.10"  will
parse  and  generate  code  creating  a  variable, DO10I, as follows:
"DO10I = 1.10" If that doesn't terrify you, it should.