[U-Boot-Users] patch for dlmalloc.c and cfi_flash.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 24 00:09:15 CET 2004

Dear Josh,

in message <20040216221520.69a3764d.fryman at cc.gatech.edu> you wrote:

> attached is a patch for two different quick fixes.
>
> dlmalloc:  enable the debug data.  instead of having #if0 everywhere,
>            replace with #ifdef DEBUG.

I reject this part of the patch. Sorry. But the malloc  code  can  be
considered  stable  and well-tested. I think if you feel you are in a
situation to need debug information from malloc you are already on  a
wrong  track.  I definitely don't want to flood the user with all the
irrelevant malloc debug messages when he turns on  the  global  DEBUG
flag.

> cfi_flash: i shared this patch with brad, and he asked i send it on.
>            he's going to try to find a better long-term solution.
>            for the CFI interface to support little-endian, it does
>            byte swapping.  unfortunately, the byte-swapping was only
>            coded for 16-bit width.  this corrects the coding to be
>            more "correct" and adds 32-bit support.

Applied. Thanks. [Ummm... please stick with the coding standards!!]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Command, n.:
            Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer
in such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.