[U-Boot-Users] telnet server on u-boot

Laurent Mohin laurent.mohin at acterna.com
Tue Feb 24 08:50:59 CET 2004

Hello all,

For some remote instruments, I need to be able to have a telnet access to
the boot in case of my Linux kernel and file system are down (after an
upgrade for example).
I don't think that u-boot provide telnet support and I had a look at
another boot project called redboot that provide such a functionality.
I have a couple of questions :
Does anybody see another solution than telnet to control a remote
instrument?
Has anybody already tried to add telnet server to u-boot? It seems to be a
challenging task because we need to add TCP support.
Has anybody used both u-boot and redboot and can point me the main
advantages and drawbacks of both?

Thanks for replying,

Laurent MOHIN
ACTERNA