[U-Boot-Users] patch to add autoload via NFS

Masami Komiya mkomiya at sonare.it
Wed Feb 25 15:27:17 CET 2004

Steven Scholz wrote:
> Masami Komiya wrote:
>
>>The patch to add autoload via NFS after bootp or dhcp.
>>
>>If you want to use, please define CONFIG_AUTOLOAD_VIA_NFS
>>in your configuration file.
>>
>>What do you think about this patch ? (although I don't need
>>autoload so much.)
>
> Hmm. If you do it this way you can't have autoload enabled for both
> NFS and TFTP! Is that a good thing?

I want to enable the both. But I didn't have the idea how to decide
the protocol TFTP or NFS.

> Is there a way the DHCP server can tell the client how to load the
> file? I.e. to use tftp or nfs or something else? So you can decide
> based answer from the DHCP server how to load it...

I can't find out the such keyword in the manual of dhcpd.conf.

Otherwise, to use the new environment variable like "autoload-nfs"
or "autoload-protocol" to decide the protocol.

Does anyone have the idea ?

Best regards.

Masami Komiya @ Tokyo.JP