[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Not Loading Successfully

Jeff Stevens jsteve17 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 19:40:03 CET 2004

Ok, sorry for posting so much, but I was wrong before.
 I just found out that it really has nothing to do
with the instruction, but more with the address
0x000024DF (Offset from the base of flash).  It seems
that is the last instruction that is run, no matter
what instruction is there.  To prove this, I put a
bunch of in line assembly eieio instructions before
that address, so that one of them fell on 0x24DF (the
fourth eieio did), and sure enough after running the
eieio at address 0x24DF, the processor read the first
four bytes of flash and then stopped. Does this have
something to do with u-boot.lds?  I have just copied
one from the FADS board since it is similar to ours.
If that file needs altered for my board specific
stuff, is there a good reference somewhere on how to
do it?  Again, sorry for all the posts, but I just
wanted to give as much information and updates as I
could.

Thanks again,
   Jeff Stevens