[U-Boot-Users] Unexpected crash in init_baudrate

Jeff Stevens jsteve17 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 22:52:19 CET 2004

I am porting U-Boot over to a new product running an
MPC855T processor, 512KB of flash, 16MB of SDRAM, and
a 32KB Simtek NVRAM.  I have the board booting up to
the point where it tries to read the baudrate for the
RS-232 port (init_baudrate).  When it goes into the
getenv_r function from within init_baudrate, it seems
to eventually crash before it comes back with an
answer.  The system seems to read from the NVRAM fine
when it boots and runs crc32 on it.  It also crashes
if I change CFG_ENV_SIZE to 0x4 and force it to read
the default values (env_get_char_init).  Does anyone
have any ideas as to what can be causing this?  I'm
going to keep poking around myself, but I just wanted
to see if anyone else has had a problem like this
while porting U-Boot.

Thanks in advance,
   Jeff Stevens