[U-Boot-Users] cpu/mpc8xx/cpu.c version 1.7 breaks get_tbclk for mpc850

Ruhland, Paul PRuhland at microwavedata.com
Thu Jan 8 16:32:55 CET 2004

In 'cpu/mpc8xx/cpu.c' the 'get_tbclk()' function was modified to check the
immr PARTNUM and MASKNUM fields in an attempt to identify newer parts.

As it is now, if the PARTNUM field is >= 0x08 the osclk divisor is
calculated for newer parts.  However, an 850s PARTNUM field is 0x20.  This
causes the divisor to be calculated incorrectly using the 'new' method.

I don't know all the PARTNUM fields so I can't really fix this.  I'm just
commenting it out for now.

--
Paul Ruhland
Microwave Data Systems, Inc.