[U-Boot-Users] Unexpected crash in init_baudrate

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 8 14:31:43 CET 2004

In message <20040108131600.33768.qmail at web41407.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> My real CFG_ENV_SIZE is 0x3000, however, I made it 0x4
> to force it to go pretty much straight to the default
> configurations to see if that would work, but it
> didn't.  Doesn't U-Boot first go to where you have
> configured it to use for env (in my case NVRAM) and
> then if it can't find what it's looking for there it
> goes to the defaults?

If the NVRAM accesses fail it does not matter  if  they  are  failing
when trying to read 4 bytes or 12 k bytes.

> not sure what?  What configuration parameters should I
> look at in my board_config.h file?

Everything that might be imprtant for NVRAM access.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.
Managers know it must be good because the programmers hate it so much.