[U-Boot-Users] Unexpected crash in init_baudrate

Jeff Stevens jsteve17 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 14:16:00 CET 2004

My real CFG_ENV_SIZE is 0x3000, however, I made it 0x4
to force it to go pretty much straight to the default
configurations to see if that would work, but it
didn't.  Doesn't U-Boot first go to where you have
configured it to use for env (in my case NVRAM) and
then if it can't find what it's looking for there it
goes to the defaults?

I'm just trying to get this to boot for the first
time.  After that, I'll worry about getting the env
where I want it.  I just don't understand why it's
crashing.  I haven't altered to code in any way here,
so I assume I'm configuring something wrong, but I'm
not sure what?  What configuration parameters should I
look at in my board_config.h file?

I'll try putting the env in flash for starters, but
eventually I need to put it in NVRAM.  The flash I'm
working with now will eventually be a backup flash,
and there is a bigger flash that will normally be the
boot flash.  So I'd like to have the env separate in
case the user messes up the normal boot flash, they
can still boot normally.  Thanks for the reply!

Regards,
   Jeff Stevens