[U-Boot-Users] How big should U-Boot be for a 405EP based board?

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Fri Jan 9 01:55:57 CET 2004

Hello,

	I have finsihed with the preliminary port of U-Boot for our latest
product(at least enough to test ram, flash, serial, and maybe ethernet).
We have a single flash chip on our board that will be either 4MB or 8MB.
Due to the way that the 405EP boots up I thought that the smallest I
could ever get U-Boot's binary image was two megs. However, when I
compile and link it it turns out to be 256K. Is this correct or am I
mistaken on the minimal size of U-Boot for a 405EP based board?

Thanks in advance,

Conn

   If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
  (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

Stock Ticker Symbol				ELST

"clark at esteem.com" Copyright 2000 By Electronic Systems Technology
  This email address may be used to communicate to Conn Clark
  provided it is not being used for advertisement purposes, unless
  prior written consent is given. This email address may not be
  sold under any circumstances. All other rights reserved.