[U-Boot-Users] u-boot-1.0 and clearing of BSS segment on ARM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 9 14:22:57 CET 2004

Dear Markus,

in message <200401091408.44458.mpietrek at fsforth.de> you wrote:

> I wonder why there seems to be no BSS clearing function for the SMDK2410 and
> other ARM platforms like in i386/start.s:bss

We inherited this from the ARMboot port, and so far nobody fixed it -
but see the recent patches by Anders larsen on this list.

> Is it assumed that the memory is already cleared on reset?

I don't know what the guys who implemented this assumed. The code  as
is is broken.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything  to  add,
but when there is no longer anything to take away.
                                           - Antoine de Saint-Exupery