[U-Boot-Users] RTC for MPC5200

Reinhard Meyer r.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Jan 9 17:51:25 CET 2004

What good is a RTC that has no separate backup power pin?

It will only keep running as long as main power is applied to the 5200. Of
course you can minimise power consumption by shutting down everything in the
5200, but still you will not have a real RTC with GoldCap or Lithium
Battery.

my 0.01 Euros ;)

Reinhard