[U-Boot-Users] Intel Strataflash in 8-bit mode

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 14 11:34:24 CET 2004

In message <83C81A3C5FC2454CB3A5FBACC527D083058030 at server2.cargoscan.com> you wrote:

> I am porting the board/ppmc8260/strataflash.c to my custom board, which
> is based on a MPC8245 with Intel 28F640J3A in 8-bit mode. The 28F640J3A
> can be configured as 8 bit or 16 bit wide.  flash_detect_cfi() returns
> 16 bit portwidth (FLASH_CFI_16BIT) and 8 bit chipwidth (FLASH_CFI_BY8),
> mode? Has anyone used this device in 8 bit mode and already solved the
> problems that I experience?

You may notice that there are three (3 !!!) other implementations  of
the very same driver in the U-Boot source tree:

	board/esd/cpci440/strataflash.c
	board/esd/pmc405/strataflash.c
	board/ppmc8260/strataflash.c
	board/zpc1900/flash.c

Maybe we should make an attempt and clean up this mess a bit?

Stefan, two of these files are in  your  realm  -  do  you  have  any
resources available to take the lead?

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Military secrets are the most fleeting of all.
	-- Spock, "The Enterprise Incident", stardate 5027.4