[U-Boot-Users] Patch for NAND Booting on SMDK2410

Markus Pietrek mpietrek at fsforth.de
Thu Jan 15 09:48:59 CET 2004

Hi Matt,

> Thanks.  That helps.  Now I'm curious as to how you are using this new
> functionality.  I am developing a platform based on the s3c2410 and have
> been using U-boot (booting from NOR) as a development boot-loader since
> I can easily tftp new code, file systems, etc.

We are also developing a board based on the s3c2410 but intended to use only
NAND flash. With this patch I demonstrated that we are able to boot from it.
But I haven't started yet to port cmd_nand.c to the s3c2410 hardware nand
support feature. This will come up in about two months again.

cmd_nand.c though needs to be rewritten, mainly the commands NanD_Command,
NaND_Address, nand_write_ecc, nand_read_oob etc.

Bye,

--
Markus Pietrek
FS Forth-Systeme GmbH