[U-Boot-Users] Board hangs during relocate_code..

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 16 16:21:12 CET 2004

In message <20040116144155.27139.qmail at web10605.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> During porting of U-boot on mpc8280 (U-boot port of
> MPC8260ads as base) I am facing following problems. I
> was able to burn the u-boot onto the flash. The first
> part of intialization was fine ie board_init_f ()
> including the SDRAM (256 MB) initialization. The board
> gets hung during the second part of initialization.
> But the same piece of code works fine when I run from
> RAM using the JTAG. Is there any specific way to solve
> this problem?

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Is nobody readuing mailing ist archives or FAQ's any more?

Obviously your JTAG debugger performs  the  correct  SDRAM  initiali-
zation  sequence  which  is  missing  in  your code. And no, this has
NOTHING to do with the UPM tables.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Time is an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space.