[U-Boot-Users] Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started?

Vidya S vidya_s at lgsoftindia.com
Wed Jan 21 14:47:36 CET 2004

Hi,

 Yes i went through the readme and just got a basic idea as to what should be
done initially.

I think we need to create our own board specific directory and cpu specific
directory. Am i right?

I had a few doubts. Could you pls clarify them.

As this uboot is command based, (if i am not wrong) those command parts remain
unchanged right? I mean i dont have to do anything extra for the commands
support? If i need to implement a Network boot i.e, NFS boot, what are the
steps that i need to follow. If i do my processor specific ethernet setup in
the cpu directory is that enough?

One more thing is if i want a serial boot (serial download), what are the
steps i need to follow. Could you pls brief me out?

Are there any other directories that i need to modify other than the board and
cpu?

Regards
Vidya