[U-Boot-Users] Porting U-Boot to Blackfin

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 23 09:37:14 CET 2004

In message <200401221956.24759.vidya_s at lgsoftindia.com> you wrote:

> As far as my understanding goes, the u-boot which is present in the flash
> initially relocates itself to the SDRAM. In the process, the exception
> handlers are getting copied to the start address of the SDRAM, say
> 0x00000000.

Right.

> In Blackfin its a slightly different issue. The EVT (event vector table) is
> somewhere in the Internal SRAM. Now, when the bootloader is executing in the

So you must install it there.

> SDRAM, if an exception arises, the control will always go to the SRAM
> location itself. Can anybody pls guide me on how to map this SRAM location
> where EVT exists to SDRAM location.

Why would you want to do that? If  you  can  install  your  exception
handlers  (or  the branch table or whatever this is on the BF) in the
internal SRAM this is perfectly fine. No need to  have  this  in  the
"external" RAM.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I believe you find life such a problem because you  think  there  are
the  good  people  and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There
are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are  on  oppo-
site sides.                      - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_