[U-Boot-Users] questions regarding support for new command (getspr/setspr)

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at motorola.com
Wed Jan 28 06:43:06 CET 2004

I was wondering if it was considered useful to extend the
CFG_CMD_SETGETDCR done by Erik Theisen for DCR registers on the 4xx
family to all PowerPC products for SPRs (CFG_CMD_SETGETSPR).

This is rather simple but can be a useful command.

If, so I had a few questions:

1. Is it ok that the command does not do any checking on the SPR
number.  This is quick difficult and would have to be done per
processor since what SPRs exists is implementation specific.  If the
user gives the commands an SPR that does not exist the result is going
to be some exception (is this ok)
2. What numerical format should the spr number for the command be taken
in?  My think is decimal
3. For setspr what numerical format should the spr value be taken in?
My thinking is hex
4. For getspr what numerical format should the spr be printed in? My
thinking is hex

If so, I will fixup my working patch and submit it once I get answers
to the questions.

thanks

- kumar