[U-Boot-Users] Debugging u-boot goes to 0x70c (Program exception)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 1 00:29:42 CEST 2004

In message <20040630220915.53309.qmail at web20728.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> (gdb) mon bi 0xffe00100
> Breakpoint identification is 0
> (gdb) mon go
> (gdb) mon ci
> (gdb) b board_init_r
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x7fdc9b4: file board.c, line 566.
> (gdb) d
> Delete all breakpoints? (y or n) y
> (gdb) mon bi 0x7fdc9b4
> Breakpoint identification is 0
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.

Why are  you  making  all  this  trickery  of  setting  and  deleting
breakpoints  in  GDB  and  directly in the BDI? This confuses me, and
most probably it also confuses GDB, too.

> (gdb) mon break soft
> (gdb) b flash_init
> Breakpoint 2 at 0x7fe1254: file flash.c, line 126.

Why don't you  just  set  a  single  (hardware)  breakpoint  at  this
address,  and then let the system boot without any additional messing
with the debug state?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
...when fits of creativity run strong, more than  one  programmer  or
writer  has  been  known to abandon the desktop for the more spacious
floor.                                             - Fred Brooks, Jr.