[U-Boot-Users] Some basic issues about porting u-boot to a new platform

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 2 09:09:07 CEST 2004

Hello,

in message <20040702023840.24246.qmail at web15204.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> 1. Generally, what kind tool is good for debugging the
> u-boot code? our platform is based on ARM
> archtechiture, so MultiICE is avaiable for us.

We at DENX use and recommend the Abatron BDI2000  -  especially  when
you also want to run and debug Linux later.

> 2. What is the minimal requirement for running the
> u-boot? CPU->SDRAM->serial port? After serail is ok,
> then we can add some printf stuff in the next
> developing code. Is that right?

Yes. And it is one of the design principles in U-Boot to  enable  the
serial console as early as possible for exactly that reason.

> P.S. Hi wolfgang, our system administrator check the
> ISP email server. He said it's IP was blocked by the
> sourceforge.net mailist server. Could you unblock it?

Sorry, I cannot to anything about this. Please  contact  the  support
team at SF.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you  hit,
call it the target.