[U-Boot-Users] relocate_code problem

Oliver Fuchs olivers.lists at gmx.net
Tue Jul 6 17:19:28 CEST 2004

From:           	Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
Date sent:      	Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:06:21 +0200

> > of in_ram correctly, but the copied code is somehow shifted.
>
> Maybe it just looks shifted or repeated?
You are right. It was hard to accept the idea that the seen code was not within the RAM.

> You don't need much knowledge about assembler code. "grep" will  just
> do  fine  (hint: search for "relocate_code", and probably you want to
> searchin the  relevant  directory  with  CPU  specific  code,  i.  e.
> "cpu/mpc8260/").
It was not the problem to find relocate_code. I was not smart enough to recognize
the nice little loop. Because the destination content did not change during relocate_code,
I thought it was done elsewhere.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Thanks,