[U-Boot-Users] relocate_code problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 6 10:06:21 CEST 2004

In message <40EA7675.1087.8A1955 at localhost> you wrote:

> I try to get up U-Boot 1.1.1 on a "home brewed" board with MPC8280 and
> have problems with the relocation of code.
> It crashes after the call of in_ram. It seems that it calculates the address
> of in_ram correctly, but the copied code is somehow shifted.

Maybe it just looks shifted or repeated?

RTFM - http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

> Is there anyone who can point me to the function that copies the code into RAM?
> Sorry, but the assembler code is not my favorite thing.

You don't need much knowledge about assembler code. "grep" will  just
do  fine  (hint: search for "relocate_code", and probably you want to
searchin the  relevant  directory  with  CPU  specific  code,  i.  e.
"cpu/mpc8260/").

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If the hours are long enough and the pay  is  short  enough,  someone
will say it's women's work.