[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-Boot port for Blackfin 533 MicroSignalArchitecture (MSA) based Multimedia processor from Analog Devices

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 10 00:32:51 CEST 2004

Dear Sateesh,

in message <F884BFCCD27D464F913CA0B7E31D202F074959 at APPOLO.lgdomain.com> you wrote:

> I am satheesh from LG Software development center, India. We at LGSI are
> doing a project as a part of the uCLinux support for Blackfin 533/2/1
> series processors from Analog Devices. We have ported the u-boot1.1.1
> for ADI's Blackfin BF533 processor, for the serial boot and network boot
> features.
>
> We are sending the sample patch (which will be refined
> later-additionally having flash boot and other boot options) for your
> reference and suggestions so that it can be merged with mainline in due
> course with suitable modifications.

I'm sorry, but I have to reject this patch.

First, there  are  numberless  violations  of  the  Coding  Style  as
specified in the README. Please cleanup before resubmitting.

Second, there are a couple or more serious issues:

common/cmd_flash.c:
common/flash.c:

	Don't add board specific code to this file.

        If you need special settings, then take care of this in  your
	board specific flash driver.

drivers/smc91111.c:

	Don't add board specific code to this file.

	If delays are needed, use udelay() etc.

	Don't add debugging code which effects ALL boards.

include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:

	Why do you think you need this modification?
	And are you sure it will not affect other boards?

include/linux/linkage.h:

	Why do you think you need this file?

lib_arm/board.c:

	I see no reason for the additional include ?

MAKEALL:

	YOU MUST NOT DELETE STUFF THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!
	Don't mess with things that are global!

Makefile:

	What is u-boot.dxe and how is it being built?

        Copying a file to "/home/vidya/u-boot.dxe" is  obviously  not
	acceptable for public code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians and all those who
make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that  mathematicians
have  made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and confine
man in the bonds of Hell."                          - Saint Augustine