[U-Boot-Users] C function call in Linux kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 10 00:35:49 CEST 2004

In message <BAY2-F35dSZwnUdfnuz000953d6 at hotmail.com> you wrote:

> >How do you know that? And what exactly means "stuck" in this context?
>
> I put the following piece of code in head_4xx.S:
> early_init is the c functional. From the console I can see '1' but no '2',
> which is expected after early_init is done.

What you write is true, although you didn't mean it:

It is indeed expected that you don't see '2', because your code  just
crashes the system.

> I also put the UART code to the setup.c/early_init() right after it is
> called. No output either. So I guess the C function call got some problem.

No. The only problem is that your code will crash the system when the
MMU is on.

Get yourself a BDI2000.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at  the  wa-
terline.  Beyond  that,  we  all enter the food chain, and not always
right at the top."                               - Hunter S. Thompson