[U-Boot-Users] GCC3.4.0 and board file fixes for Versatile/Integrator

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jul 11 20:07:53 CEST 2004

In message <89A528FE6DB0FA44877BB2F05B846718896EC7 at ZIPPY.Emea.Arm.com> you wrote:

> > > I think this is OK, but can you guarantee that this change will  work
> > > with older versions of the compiler, like 2.95.3 or 2.95.4 ?
> It won't work with 2.95, but agree with Robert that we need to change at
> some point.

I will not accept changes that break compatibility  if  this  can  be
avoided. Many people use older versions of the compiler, last but not
least for reasons of stability. There must be support for these older
toolchains as well.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The pathology is to want control, not that you ever get it,  because
of course you never do."                            - Gregory Bateson