[U-Boot-Users] GCC3.4.0 and board file fixes for Versatile/Integrator

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Sun Jul 11 20:57:02 CEST 2004

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 08:07:53PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> I will not accept changes that break compatibility  if  this  can  be
> avoided. Many people use older versions of the compiler, last but not
> least for reasons of stability. There must be support for these older
> toolchains as well.

This is surely not the worst decision. It would vote for a per-board
decision for the compiler, because normally the maintainer knows best
which compiler to use for a certain board.

I've posted a reworked test script some time ago which was able to
select the compiler per board, see the archive.

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4