AW: [U-Boot-Users] Add support for TQM5200 board

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Tue Jul 13 11:48:16 CEST 2004

> In message
> <DE2CC66C40EAB74EA6D66AC71BF98E1EFE2915 at TQ-MAILSRV-1> you wrote:
> >
> > * Patch by Martin Krause, 30 June 2004:
> >   Add support for TQM5200 board
>
> Added, thanks.

Thanks.

> * Please stick to the Coding Style (trailing white space)
> * Please keep lists sorted.

Ups, sorry for that. I try harder next time.

> Requests:
>
> * Please keep output from the Makefile as short as possible.
>   This is NOT the place to print novels.

OK.

> * All other TQM modules auto-detect and auto-size the flash. The
>   TQM5200 should do that, too.

I'll try to realize this for the new baseboard STK52XX. It's not a matter of good will, but of time and money (like so often).

> * Actually I wonder if we really need different U-Boot images for the
>   existing board configurations. If the code auto-sizes memory (as it
>   should) you could probably  run  the  same  image  on  all  baords,
>   especially  as  long  as you don't add any support for the graphics
>   controller to U-Boot.

There are plans to support the graphics controller under U-Boot. But I think we could in fact do with less configurations.

Best Regards,
Martin Krause