[U-Boot-Users] Preliminary patch for Cogent CBS336 (MC9328MXL-based)

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Tue Jul 13 14:50:58 CEST 2004

Starting from Bryan Larsen's patch for U-Boot 0.4.0, I started porting
U-Boot 1.1.2 on Cogent CSB336.
The patch against current CVS is available for download here
http://www.dave-tech.it/download/misc/up-csb336-1 (I could not attach
because the size limit). Some clean ups are needed here and there.
I had to change the routine reset_timer_masked in cpu/mc9328/interrupts.c
(bug?).
To initialize clocks and SDRAM controller I used the same values used by
the Micromonitor bootloader the board comes with.
I also had to avoid invoking funtion SetAsynchMode() otherwise the
processor hangs.

U-Boot seems to be stable but I could not load Linux kernel so far. I'm
trying to start a modified version of the kernel 0.3.8 delivered by
Motorola for the M9328MXL ADS. It seems the kernel does not like the
parameters passed by U-Boot. Still working on it. Any advice or suggestion
is appreciated.

Regards,

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
www.dave-tech.it