[U-Boot-Users] CFG_FLASH_BASE and CFG_MONITOR_BASE question

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Thu Jul 15 17:20:11 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 00:00, Frank Young wrote:
> Anyone else can share your success story? I just want to get some clues from
> the similiar cases.

Problem is that there could be literally dozens of things wrong...
You will have to use a debugger to find out where linux stops. At least
check the linux output log (see DLUG, this can be read from u-boot after
a reboot, as long as the Memory isn't clobbered)).

A few thing that have bitten me is:
Wrong bd_info struct, Serial ports not configured correct, PCI not
configured correct.
And last but not least of the problems I have encountered... SDRAM....
That it works under U-Boot des NOT mean that it works 100%.... Some
timing problems (for me it was hardware timing) will ONLY show up when
linux is running (because of burst mode), and some only showed up when
doing GCC compiles or other memory intensive operations.