[U-Boot-Users] Re: Unable to send keys inputs from keyboard to u-boot

Anders Larsen alarsen at rea.de
Fri Jul 16 11:20:34 CEST 2004

Jordan Foo <jordan at orcon.net.nz> schreibt:
>I've tried 3 terminal program, 2 in windows (HyperTerminal & Tera Term
>Pro) and 1 in linux (minicom). Althought minicom is known to have
>problems, it is only transmission of file across tftp that is
>problematic I think.

Hi Jordan,

they all have their (different) issues...
When forced to use Windoze I prefer TeraTermPro, but it has a bug in
its Kermit implementation preventing it from transferring binary files
correctly (the fix is a one-liner, but the license does not allow the
distribution of a fixed version)

>WD did suggest that it might just the flow control.
>I've tried all 3 settings available, Hardware, Xon/Xoff and None.
>All 3 of them have not worked.

Hardware handshake cannot be used on the PXA255 STUART (it lacks the
necessary signals), and AFAIK u-boot does not support Xon/Xoff, so
stick with None.

Cheers
 Anders