[U-Boot-Users] Question About New Board Support

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Jul 16 23:05:36 CEST 2004

Folks,

I have support for two new processors in the MPC85XX family
that I would like to introduce into the U-Boot source tree.
However, I would like to do so utilizing a slightly better
source-code layout than is currently being used in the tree.

In particular, I would like to follow the example of, say,
the "kup" line where a single top-level board/kup directory
is introduced and sub-directories "kup/common", "kup/kup4k"
and "kup/kup4x" are then introduced to house shared, and
board-specific parts respectively.

Is this "kup" layout currently accepted as "good practice"?
Or is the preference to continue with a specific board for
in its own directory all the time?

I am proposing introducing the board/mpc85xx directory,
initially with support for my two new processors (and board),
and eventually moving the rest of the MPC85xx based boards
into this structure.  This would likely include the MPC8540ADS,
the MPC8560ADS, the stxgp3 from Dan Malek, and possibly the
SBC8560 board as well.

Comments or opinions here?

Thanks,
jdl