[U-Boot-Users] PQ2FADS-VR 2nd Ethernet

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Sun Jul 18 00:53:13 CEST 2004

    Jihua> Hi, I have a PQ2FADS-VR board which u-boot 1.0.0

Upgrade to the top of CVS before you start changing anything. 1.0.0 is
too old.

    Jihua> runs well. Ethernet port1(FCC2) and Serial port1(SCC1) run
    Jihua> pretty well.

    Jihua> I am trying to make Ethernet port2(FCC3) work. In the
    Jihua> configuration file mpc8260ads.h, I added

[...code deleted...]

    Jihua> And in board\mpc8260ads\mpc8260ads.c, I enabled the parall
    Jihua> portC pin PC16 and PC17; PortB PB4~PB17. The new definition
    Jihua> for portB and portC are

[...code deleted...]

    Jihua> However, Ethernet port2 on SCC3 still does not work.

    Jihua> Could anyone tell me where I am wrong, or what I missed?

First of all, "does not work" is not good problem description. Could you
explain what happens exactly? On this board, there are several more
things which can require initialisation. Check BCSR and PHY. If you
upgrade to CVS top, you'll see what's done for FCC2. To check PHY state,
you can use mii command.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel