[U-Boot-Users] LITE5200 board: Bus Fault with 2 network cards

Olivier Singla olivier at singla.us
Tue Jul 20 13:46:29 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <40F344F1.1000603 at singla.us> you wrote:
>

>>I use a Lite5200 board (ref. board from Motorola). With the two PCI network
>>cards I tried (which I would want to use under Linux 2.4.25), u-boot
>>crashes:
>>

>Try to debug this. It would be interesting to know  where  the  crash
>happens.

Can I debug it without a jtag debugger ?
How could I use GDB ?

>>Is there a known issue with the PCI on the MPC5200, and more specifically
>>

>There is the known timing problems.

I changed the PCI to run at 66 Mhz. Then, one network card which was always
causing a u-boot crash (with the PCI at 33 Mhz) was sometimes correctly
detected
(one one 3 or 4 attempts). So things are not really better...

>>with PCI network cards ?
>>Or is-that with the u-boot PCI implementation for this board ?
>>

>I don;t think so,. We used several  network  cards  on  the  LITE5200
>without  problem (the most reliable card on all test systems seems to
>be the EEPRO100).

Thanks for this information.

>>I tried to disable the PCI from the u-boot/IceCube config file,
>>but then u-boot hangs up...
>>

>Are you sure? Where does it hang?

My mistake, sorry...

Thanks,