[U-Boot-Users] LITE5200 board: Bus Fault with 2 network cards

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 13 09:29:23 CEST 2004

In message <40F344F1.1000603 at singla.us> you wrote:

> I use a Lite5200 board (ref. board from Motorola). With the two PCI network
> cards I tried (which I would want to use under Linux 2.4.25), u-boot
> crashes:

Try to debug this. It would be interesting to know  where  the  crash
happens.

> Is there a known issue with the PCI on the MPC5200, and more specifically

There is the known timing problems.

> with PCI network cards ?
> Or is-that with the u-boot PCI implementation for this board ?

I don;t think so,. We used several  network  cards  on  the  LITE5200
without  problem (the most reliable card on all test systems seems to
be the EEPRO100).

> I tried to disable the PCI from the u-boot/IceCube config file,
> but then u-boot hangs up...

Are you sure? Where does it hang?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
      Bugs are by far the largest and  most successful class of
      entity, with nearly a million known species. In this res-
      pect they outnumber all the other  known  creatures about
      four to one.  -- Professor Snope's Encyclopedia of Animal