[U-Boot-Users] Intel LXT972A on FADS 852T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 26 09:59:36 CEST 2004

In message <20040726063133.98061.qmail at web50505.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> This is my second series of post on this subject. Current situation is that when I ping from uboot, now I do not get TX timeout, but get host is dead message.

Please use shorter lines (max. 70 characters or so).

What do you mean you get a "host is dead" message?  U-Boot  does  not
print such a message.

> I have done of the obvious and non-obvious checks. e.g. ethernet cable and stuff outside the box is fully operational. Infect I see arp packet going out on ethereal. I know that reply is sent by the pinged box.

Do you also see the ICMP packet sent by U-Boot on the wire?

> My hardware guy has checked all the clocks and he assures me that they are all in order. He also made external loopback, i.e. ethernet cable with input going to output, this also works.

How did you test this that you know it works?

> --0-783479016-1090823493=:97116
>
> <DIV>

And please stop sending HTML!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The manager will be continually amazed that policies he took for com-
mon knowledge are totally unknown by some member of his  team.  Since
his fundamental job is to keep everybody going in the same direction,
his chief daily task will be communication, not decision-making.
                              - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"