[U-Boot-Users] Heads up for ppl using the cpu/mpc8xx/spi.c

David Ho DavidHo at nanometrics.ca
Mon Jul 26 17:37:45 CEST 2004

Hi all,

For those who are using an old u-boot version 0.4.8 like me please be
warned that the code somehow is setting a register (spi->spi_rpbase) for
which there is no defined behaviour (good or bad) when the spi ucode patch
is _not_ applied.

Apparently I hit on the bad behaviour where it just wouldn't work when
spi_rpbase is set.

void spi_init_f (void)
{

#ifdef CFG_SPI_UCODE_PATCH
        spi  = (spi_t *)&cp->cp_dpmem[spi->spi_rpbase];
#else
        spi  = (spi_t *)&cp->cp_dparam[PROFF_SPI];
        /* Disable relocation */
#if THIS_IS_GIVING_ME_GRIEF
        spi->spi_rpbase = 0;
#endif
#endif

I hope most of you would agree this is causing more harm then good.

Regard,
David Ho
Nanometrics Inc.