[U-Boot-Users] uboot 1.1.1 reset and dataflash protection problem on AT91RM9200DK

Lars Munch lars at segv.dk
Tue Jul 27 14:03:40 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:57:31PM +1000, Aras Vaichas wrote:
> I have two strange problems with uboot-1.1.1 on my AT91RM9200DK.
>
> 1) It will not pass the "uncompressing image" stage from power up, but if I
> remove the "Boot mode select link", press reset, replace the link, press
> reset, the system will begin to boot.
>

> sample output from problem 1)
>
> ** power on, nothing happens, press reset a few times to show a pattern
>
> "boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)
>
> Uncompressing image...
>

> boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)
>
> Uncompressing image...
>

> boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)
>
> Uncompressing image...
>
> ** remove jumper and press reset, CPU goes into self bootstrap mode
>
> CCCC ...
>
> ** replace jumper and press reset, u-boot starts working properly.
>
> boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)
>
> Uncompressing image...
>

> U-Boot 1.1.1 (Jul 27 2004 - 12:05:10)
>
> U-Boot code: 21F00000 -> 21F14530  BSS: -> 21F189D0
> RAM Configuration:
>
> ... etc ... can boot Linux fine from this point onwards.

This is not necessarily an u-boot issue. To me it looks more likely to
be that the loader.bin by atmel do not initialize the CPU properly
before loading the zipped u-boot.

With all the activity around the AT91RM9200DK board on this list it make
me wonder why no one has made an standalone version of u-boot for this
board. Most of the code could be taken from the arm920t port, all that
is needed is an memsetup.s with initialization similar to the one found
in loader.bin from atmel.

Regards
Lars Munch