[U-Boot-Users] uboot 1.1.1 reset and dataflash protection problem on AT91RM9200DK

Aras Vaichas arasv at magellan-technology.com
Tue Jul 27 06:57:31 CEST 2004

I have two strange problems with uboot-1.1.1 on my AT91RM9200DK.

1) It will not pass the "uncompressing image" stage from power up, but if I
remove the "Boot mode select link", press reset, replace the link, press reset,
the system will begin to boot.

sample output from problem 1)

** power on, nothing happens, press reset a few times to show a pattern

"boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)

Uncompressing image...

boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)

Uncompressing image...

boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)

Uncompressing image...

** remove jumper and press reset, CPU goes into self bootstrap mode

CCCC ...

** replace jumper and press reset, u-boot starts working properly.

boot 1.0 (Jul 27 2004 - 09:42:33)

Uncompressing image...

U-Boot 1.1.1 (Jul 27 2004 - 12:05:10)

U-Boot code: 21F00000 -> 21F14530  BSS: -> 21F189D0
RAM Configuration:

... etc ... can boot Linux fine from this point onwards.

2) The system starts with the first half of dataflash protected. I keep
unprotecting it, but when I reboot it still remains protected!

Uboot> flinfo
Area 0: C0000000 to C0007FFF (RO)
Area 1: C0008000 to C001FFFF (RO)
Area 2: C0020000 to C0027FFF
Area 3: C0028000 to C083FFFF

Uboot> protect off c0000000 c001ffff
Un-Protect 2 DataFlash Sectors
Uboot> flinfo
Area 0: C0000000 to C0007FFF
Area 1: C0008000 to C001FFFF
Area 2: C0020000 to C0027FFF
Area 3: C0028000 to C083FFFF

** reset (remove jumper, reset, replace jumper, reset )

U-Boot 1.1.1 (Jul 27 2004 - 12:05:10)
Area 0: C0000000 to C0007FFF (RO)
Area 1: C0008000 to C001FFFF (RO)
Area 2: C0020000 to C0027FFF