[U-Boot-Users] bootm change for standalone images

Andrew May acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Thu Jul 29 20:00:56 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:29, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1091121391.19389.33.camel at mud> you wrote:
> > So I don't want to push for changing names around, but I hope you at
> > least understand my confusion.
>
> Maybe you can suggest a better description of  "Standalone  Programs"
> that what's give in the README to avoid confusion like uyours?

I think you missed the point. The README is great, but the word
"Standalone" is misleading.
Here is a stupid example.
You can call something a cat in the code but describe it as a dog
in the docs as explicitly as possible, but people will still be
confused.

I would suggest "U-boot App" instead of "standalone".