[U-Boot-Users] PPC 8260 Linux boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 10:38:01 CEST 2004

In message <4106D6BF.6090600 at helicontech.co.il> you wrote:

> >Do you see any messages when you do a post mortem dump of the log_buf
> >memory?
> >[See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis]
> >
> >????
> >

> I think I don't understand something in your explenation of post mortem,
> how can I do
> grep log_buf system.map
> when I have nothing but UBOOT prompt?

You do have a development system which you used to compile  and  link
your  Linux  kernel,  don't  you?  And you do have the "grep" command
installed on that host, right?

> >The GMANE archive _is_ searchable.
> >
> What is the GNAME archive?

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot

[Why didn't a google search for "gmane u-boot" return useful links for you?]

> I still do not understand what do you mean by init sequence of SDRAM, If
> I had any hint of what you mean by that I would check for it.

Read the documentation provided  by  the  manufacturer  of  your  RAM
chips. It shosuld contain a section about the SDRAM init sequence.

> >Did you read the FAQ? How about the "clocks_in_mhz" setting?  Or  the
> >bd_info structure used by the Linux kernel?
> >

> Yes, I have thought about the clock value and made sure it is passed Ok,
> since I am using
> kernel 2.4.25 I understand that the clock should be in Hz and that is
> what U-boot transfers.

And what about bd_info?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The one charm of marriage is that it makes a  life  of  deception  a
neccessity."                                            - Oscar Wilde