[U-Boot-Users] PPC 8260 Linux boot

Ori Idan ori at helicontech.co.il
Wed Jul 28 13:59:45 CEST 2004

>You do have a development system which you used to compile  and  link
>your  Linux  kernel,  don't  you?  And you do have the "grep" command
>installed on that host, right?

Ok, I think it should be written clearly in the wiki that this is the
host system.

>>>The GMANE archive _is_ searchable.
>>>

>>What is the GNAME archive?
>>

>http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot
>
>[Why didn't a google search for "gmane u-boot" return useful links for you?]
>

>>I still do not understand what do you mean by init sequence of SDRAM, If
>>I had any hint of what you mean by that I would check for it.
>>

>Read the documentation provided  by  the  manufacturer  of  your  RAM
>chips. It shosuld contain a section about the SDRAM init sequence.

Isn't the fact that I have RAM from 0x0000 means that RAM is initialized?
I have checked in Uboot that I can write and read this RAM so I am sure
I have it.
What other initialization should be done?

>>>Did you read the FAQ? How about the "clocks_in_mhz" setting?  Or  the
>>>bd_info structure used by the Linux kernel?
>>>

>>Yes, I have thought about the clock value and made sure it is passed Ok,
>>since I am using
>>kernel 2.4.25 I understand that the clock should be in Hz and that is
>>what U-boot transfers.
>>

>And what about bd_info?

I have checked bd_info and it transfers the clock in Hz and also
transfer the right RAM
and IMMR information.

--
Ori Idan